You Are Reading

OUGD404 - Design Principles: Experimenting With Grids and Margins (Tasks)

Here I learnt how to construct the Fibonacci Grid, without the typical "box" format. 



Hand Rendered Layout Experimentation: 


Digital Layout Experimentation: 



Layout Experimentation with Placeholder Text: 




Even though I wasn't in class for the following task, I have chosen to catch up, as I thought the task would be important to aid the learning process. 

Splitting up magazine layout:

Here I have split two pages of "The Economist into thirds, using the "rule of thirds" rule:






I found with both examples that they were easily splittable through columns, but more difficult in rows. The rule of thirds may be easily applicable with the Economist, as I feel their layout is simply functional, unlike say, Creative Review, which may be much more experimental. 

I then looked at how a Waitrose magazine is split up, using their own grid system:












Comments for this entry

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.