You Are Reading

OUGD505: Studio Brief 1 - Japanese Stab Stitch Binding

As a perfect example of high quality, considered Japanese design, I wanted to use Japanese Stab Stitching. This is something I haven't ever tried before, so I thought it would be good to learn on some test sheets. I used the same amount of pages I intend on using for my actual publication, and stock roughly at the same thickness. 

I followed this tutorial: http://www.designsponge.com/2013/03/bookbinding-101-japanese-four-hold-binding.html

The result is below:








Conclusion

Overall I was pleased with the result. I have struggled to get binding right before, but I think Japanese stap stitch was much easier to do than I had initially imagined. I intend on using this with my actual publication. I am going to have to allow an extra 1cm bleed within the spine, to allow for the binding.  I also think I may not risk double page spread images, as they could be difficult to line up.

Comments for this entry

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.