You Are Reading

OUGD503 Responsive - Organic (Brief 01) - Process Experimentation

There were two pieces of equipment I wanted to purchase and test out:
- Embossing Seal
- Hole punch 

Embossing Seal:
I bought this online, with a custom seal of the logo made. The seal I bought is supposed to work best at 150 gsm, and so I tested this out on stock between 100gsm and 300gsm. 



First test: 

I thought it would be best to test the embossing seal on my chosen stock for each option, to see if I need to change my choice of stock.

Letterhead Stock:


Business Card Stock: 

Label Stock: 

Order Form Stock: 



Second Test: 
I wanted to test out extremes, testing a stock at 100gsm, and another at 300 gsm. 

As you can see, at 100 gsm the embossed design gets creases, whilst the design at 300gsm simply doesn't print properly:  




Eyelet Setter
This is for the envelope closing mechanism and also the clothing tags. 





Unfortunately the underside doesn't look as good as expected. However, this will be hidden (most of the time) with the envelope, and on the underside of the clothing tag, which won't have any information or design on anyway. 


This is for the envelope closing mechanism and also the clothing tags. 

Producing An Envelope

After beginning to use my hole punch and eyelet setter, I wanted to see how I could produce a string bound envelope. This was chosen as oppose to a standard envelope, as it hints at something more high end. 




Comments for this entry

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.