You Are Reading

OUGD406 - InDesign Brief - Badger


For research and content, please visit my Design Context post here. 

I began by experimenting with the use of different grids, as shown below:









I chose to work with the following layout. I have learnt layout can work well with thirds, which is why I have 6 columns within the margin. I used 7 rows as I felt it would stick to the scale of the rest of the page. 



My choice of imagery came from one image, which I cropped and used different illustrations of the four types of badger:


I intended to be formal with my spread, and to aim it at a middle age demographic. This is why I have chosen a relatively basic and easy to understand layout, with type to match. 

I was also influenced by old illustrative textbooks, and wanted to create a design which matched the illustrations I decided to work with. 


Usage of InDesign to Aid Aesthetic 

As previously mentioned, I used the 'create guides' tool in order to create different grids:


I also used the 'paragraph' box to fit my body text appropriately within the grid:


I also learnt how to split body text into paragraphs that run into each other, this helped hugely with layout:






Design Variations

Below are  my design variations, in the form of an Issuu Document. The final design is the one that I chose to use:

(If the embedded document doesn't work, visit the link here)




Comments for this entry

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.