You Are Reading

OUGD503 Responsive - Picking A Substantial Brief

We had to find a substantial brief to do after we looked at what makes a good brief last session.

Here I have chosen a brief entitled 'Organic by John Patrick' 

I found this on 'The Young Ones', and the brief deadline is March 7th, 2014. This gives me plenty of time to work on it. 

Below is a PDF of the brief. 






Why have you chosen the brief?
I have a strong interest in branding, and I feel this brief fits my interest perfectly. I also feel that the brief appears open, with lots of scope to work with. The brand seems to be growing internationally, meaning if my design was chosen, I would get international exposure. 

What do you want to get out of the brief?
Despite having a strong interest in branding, I have only worked on 4 branding briefs before (both uni and live briefs). I feel that my ongoing investigation into branding and design context is much stronger than it was a few months ago, and I have much more of an idea of how to contract a brand. 

Working on this brief will let me show visually what I have learnt through my research. 

What do you want to do/make/propose in response to the brief?
I want to construct an entire brand through a variety of different formats. Of course one of the brand deliverables is a logo, but I also intend to produce designs for: clothing tags, point of sales, retail tags, shipping packaging, shopping bags, etc. 

What do you need to do/make/propose?
Brand Deliverables: Logo, Letterhead, Mailshot, Envelope, Business Cards, Fax Letter. 

What's the problem?
John Patrick, the owner of 'Organic', feels his brand needs to appeal through 'attraction not promotion'. Essentially, he needs a strong brand identity to match his growing and award winning clothing brand. 

What is the brief asking you to do?
The brief is asking you to create a brand identity for John Patrick's clothing brand. 

What is the brief trying to achieve?
The brand being noticed, but not through vast promotion and marketing, simply by aesthetic which an audience find themselves. 

Who will benefit?
John Patrick and the people who work for his company. 

What is the message?
Organic is a modern fashion brand, grounded with ethics and sustainability. The brand wants to appear ultra modern but also timeless and classic. 

Who is the audience?
Self conscious, fashion - forward individuals internationally. Someone prepared to spend a little bit extra for high quality clothing. 


How will the message be delivered?
Through a variety of formats. Just like all brands, it will be important to maintain consistency throughout all forms of media. 

Can you forsee a problem with this?
One issue I have with this brief is it costs $30 to enter. However, I feel this brand has so much scope to work with, and something I would really enjoy. 

Comments for this entry

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.