You Are Reading

OUGD504 - Design For Print (20) - GF Smith Talk

This morning we had a talk by GF Smith which was really interesting, much more interesting than I would have imagined! 

I learnt a lot about different types of stock and found all of the examples shown during the presentation very inspiring. Despite planning on getting my Design for Print book sent off and printed, I still intend on using GF Smith for stock in the future. 

Independent British Paper Company, who produces: 
- Business cards
- Letterheads
- Packaging
- Brochures
- Envelopes
- Calendars

They make 1 million handmade envelopes a year.

1. Colorplan
Flagship range
- 50 colours
- 8 weights
- 25 embossed textures
- Company is based Lake District

Use stock which is coloured to avoid the colour on the edge showing through. 

Berkeley - Blog branding

Made Thought - Look on site (folded interestingly)

2. Smooths
Pentagram booklet
- Good printer, paper and design leads to success
- Design by Studio Maghill - Research Naturalis (Tear to open)

3. Textures
Leather look paper
- Experiment with paper in the centre to form the book
- Paper looks like wood

Beauty in the making - Showcase GFSmith

We had a chance to look closely at some printed materials and I photographed them:



















































































For my OUGD503 Brief, I am doing some branding for a fashion brand called 'Organic'. I asked the guy from GF Smith about recycled stock, and he informed me of several stocks they sell that are recyclable. This is something I feel I could consider further when working with this brief. 

Comments for this entry

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.