You Are Reading

OUGD504 - Design for Web (12) - Punk Collage Edited

The next step for the background image was to try different variations of edits. 

Due to producing the images inside and under unnatural lighting, each image was yellow in its tone. I decided to convert the images into greyscale, so they're easier to work with. 





Different Tones: 

Monotone:


Using Monotone, I wanted to see what I could achieve: 


It's vital to play with the levels, and see how this can edit the image. 


Variations using different levels and the same colour: 












Different Colours

I chose a level that seemed to work well, then edited the colours, to try something else out: 

























Duotone: 

I felt it would be good to see how I could work with duotone, giving the image more detail. 

















Having now experimented with both mono and duotone, I feel monotone would be better to work with. Duotone provides much more detail, but creates images too dark. I intend on using the same image for the other pages, and text would be hard to show up on with a darker background. 

Overlays: 

This is another approach I could take to adding colour to my collage. 









I felt that the best overlay to work with was 'lighten' - you can see this below.


I wanted to try this with different colours: 


One benefit to using overlays (as oppose to mono and duotones) is the use of gradients. 





Having experimented with gradients, I feel they're not appropriate to my theme. 

The Next Step

I intend on working with monotones at different levels to find the appropriate colours. I also would like to see how working with half - tones could work. 

Comments for this entry

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.