You Are Reading

OUGD504 - Design for Print (21) - Chapter Colour Scheme Research

Having researched colour schemes (as you can see here on my Design Context post) , I have now decided on a colour scheme to use for my publication, which can be seen below:




Why Convert CMYK into Pantone?

Having learnt about Pantone and it's uses in Creative Suite sessions, I have decided to use Pantone colours for each chapter. The book would be sold to design students all around the UK (and possibly the world), therefore produced at a MASS scale. 

If I was to use CMYK, I would need 4 separate colour plates to print each. However, I use a Pantone spot colour + a black, I would only be using 2 plates, cutting the overall cost by 50%. 

Using Pantone colours also guarantees the printed books will look exactly how I imagine them to look. 


How to Convert CMYK to Pantone

I was unsure as to how to convert a CMYK colour into a Pantone spot colour, so I consulted a tutorial:


Going Through the Process Myself





Below: All the colours I intend on using, converted to Pantone: 


I changed my previous images into Pantone 152 U, as you can see below:





Examples of Adapted Images



















Comments for this entry

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.