You Are Reading

OUGD504 - Design For Print (34) - Final Crit & Feedback

I printed my work, as seen below. The covers and binding haven't been done for the reference book, but I have included an example of my intentions. I also included the prints (in order) for the reference book, as well as my almost completed book on screen. 



Feedback



I asked the following questions:

Do you think the colour scheme works through the 'process & finishes' book?

Would you find the inclusion of interviews interesting?







Overal, I was not pleased with my feedback whatsoever. Most of this was on my behalf. I stupidly left the password lock on, meaning only one person who left me comments could see the 60+, almost completed book. The majority could only view the reference book, which has very little written content. I feel extremely disappointed in myself for it, but have learnt to take a password lock off for my next crit. 

Positives 

People like the idea of including interviews, as it is different to just focusing on the print process itself. 

The idea of a reference book. 

The stock in the reference book work well together. 

Negatives 

'The prints in the reference book seem repetitive' - The reason behind this is a focus on a contrast in processes, so the user can see differences in the same design. 

'Information needs much more classification and detail' - From someone who also said they couldn't view the 'process & finishes' book! 




For next weeks 'Design For Web' Crit, I intend on making my information much easier to understand and TAKE THE PASSWORD OFF MY MAC!

Comments for this entry

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.