You Are Reading

OUGD504 - Design For Print & Web (8) - Choosing Appropriate Stock

I intended on most of my printed products to be printed on the same stock, but was unsure on what to use. 

For this reason, I printed my menu out onto 3 different stocks: 

- Cartridge Paper
- Antique White
- Textured Watercolour Stock

One issue I realised was the border I intended on using. You can see below that since they were on the edge of an A4 document, they had to be resized. I decided I did not want this to compromise the sizing of my body copy, and decided to remove it. 






I decided that the most successful stock was the textured watercolour. The text did not bleed (like I thought it would), and the end product seems to be as sophisticated as I would hope for, working perfectly for my target audience. 

I also printed my receipts on bulky newsprint. I found this to be very successful, and exactly what I was looking for.




Comments for this entry

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.