You Are Reading

OUGD504 - Design For Print (31) - Front / Back Covers

I wanted to maintain consistency between both publications, but also show a clear difference. Below are some of the ideas I had for covers:


This first idea seemed very plain and boring. Despite holding consistency, I feel it's far to boring, and not very appealing to pick up.


I liked the colour scheme with the above ideas. However I felt it was still too plain to work with. 

Further similar ideas, changing  the layout: 



I liked the idea of working with a box, as it's something consistent throughout my publications, shown in the 'Common Mistakes' Section. The below ideas experimented with this. 





I came to this idea, with a wider box. This meant the same size box could be used on the back, where text about each book could be fitted in. This box also worked with the 4 x 4 modular grid I have been working with, throughout the publication. 







Finalised Designs:

As I was screen printing the reference book, I wanted to increase the point size so that it would print well. This was increased from 12pt to 15pt. Obviously this doesn't occur with the the digitally printed book, but I increased this too, so the publications would be consistent. 






Comments for this entry

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.