You Are Reading

OUGD503 Responsive: Digital Club Leaflet (Brief 09) - Full Project

I was approached by Will Duffy (who works at Digital - A club in Newcastle) to design a leaflet for a club night. This is something I wouldn't ever want to do as a career, but I wanted a quick turnaround brief to try something different. 

Unfortunately I was given just 3 days to start & COMPLETELY finish the leaflet. I accepted this challenge, as it is something I will almost definitely have to face as a professional after graduation. 

                                                                                                                                                   

The Brief: 

Hi Joe,

So what we want on the front is something like:

bounce presents

Room one:

Hannah Wants
Applebottom 
My New Leng

Room two:

Jonas Rathsman
Isaac Tichauer
Eli and Fur

Room 3:

Special Guest
Residents

Friday 9th May 

Not Just A Ticket 
Tickets - From £8
Digital

If you have a look at example 1: would like it in that kind of format with the bounce logo where the E M one is and a similar sort of layout to that one.

On the back would like two columns of three pictures each with a thin white banner going across each one with the name of the acts on them. will send the pics in another email.

The attached photos:


                                                                                                                                                  

Concept

I got the idea that Will wanted something summery, so I came up with a few ideas:

- Vivid gradients
- Bright colours
- Ambiguous shape / form
- Simplicity (to match Digital's logo and aesthetic. 

                                                                                                                                                  

First / Second Idea:



I sent Will the first idea, revolving around the above concept. 
He replied saying: 

"I think the background needs to change.. is a bit bland. Also could we look at some different fonts and make the artists names much bolder. Hannah wants need to be a bit larger font, applebottom slightly less, then my new leng slightly less"

I found this response very frustrating, but it made me realise exactly what he wanted - A generic club leaflet. You can see this as the second design in the Issuu document above.

Response:

Will loved the second design, and wanted to take it forward. He told me a few ammedments he wanted me to take:

.......










Comments for this entry

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.